UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ve been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. Now that you’ve learned to lead and build a deep expertise in health care network operations, it is time to set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As a leader within our network contracting team, you’ll help to guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you’ll find that you can make a real impact while enjoying the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Lead the development of new concepts, technologies and products to meet emerging customer requirements
- Direct cross-functional and/or industry-wide teams with segment-wide and/or enterprise-wide impact
- Influence senior management decisions that impact business direction
- Coordinate timely response to internal requests for information, reporting and audit functions
- Ability to manage direct staff to achieve department goals and inspire staff to development their potential
Ready for a challenge? You will need all your leadership skills and creativity as you manage and develop provider networks that achieve performance objectives. As a result, there is a high level of visibility and accountability for results.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 7+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 3+ years of large hospital system contracting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Knowledgeable of Medicare Advantage and commercial lines of business, including quality components (e.g. HEDIS)
- Knowledgeable of Value Based Contracting models
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time within Idaho
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Leadership experience managing direct staff
- Familiarity with total cost-of-care models and high performing networks
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Network Contracting, Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Associate Director, Hospital Contracting, Boise, ID, Idaho