Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function include those responsible for a variety of functions related to the general management and general business operations across the company and its businesses. The Associate Director will partner with the ART (Automation Reimagination & Transformation) portfolio director to represent ART and coordinate with Partner Management and other OGA (Optum Global Advantage) segments to deliver client value. You will be accountable to help identify, evaluate and route opportunities to the appropriate solutioning team for value delivery, and will be accountable for general portfolio of work oversight and reporting in support of the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive Financial targets (Revenue & value savings) by identifying new opportunities as well as retaining existing engagements within client organization.
- Collaborate with LOB Success Partner to expand ART (Automation, Reimagination & Transformation)/SCS (Strategic Capabilities & Services) and Optum Global opportunities
- Reveal value potential for our business partners by formalizing an opportunity identification methodology that successfully locates and sizes areas of end-to-end transformation potential, with opportunity assessments calibrated jointly with our businesses
- Partner with ART portfolio director to Expand breadth/depth of ART relationships and value delivery across the enterprise LOB Portfolio
- Identify appropriate stakeholders and decision-makers within the client organization
- Research, understand and anticipate the client's current and future business needs, challenges and strategies (e.g., leveraging LOB knowledge and experience)
- Cultivate the client's perception of ART as a trusted partner and strategic advisor (e.g., build credibility, demonstrate full understanding of their business)
- Partner with ART portfolio director to jointly own the team portfolio to ensure enterprise alignment and delivery of planned account initiatives
- Coordinate across portfolios to identify and drive horizontal opportunities across UHC and Optum
- Facilitate bi-directional review of opportunities with Partner Management to ensure alignment, awareness and connection into related efforts
- Support consistency to IBP & status updates across business segments
- Partnership between all ART portfolio leads within a LOB to ensure strategic alignment
- Drive high levels of client satisfaction by focusing efforts on results that meet or exceed the client's expectations
- Partner with ART portfolio director to maintain ongoing contact with clients to identify and address emerging issues/concerns
- Help customer understand the types of solutions | competencies available to solve identified problems., regardless of source
- Realize ‘New Business Savings’ through the delivery of ART based initiatives. Benefits include (MedEx, SG&A, Cost Avoidance, Revenue / IOI)
- Partner with ART portfolio director to drive Benefits to the Enterprise through improved customer service via a holistic engagement model featuring a single point of contact for each Line of Business
- Collaborate with ART teams to expand ART participation in LOB strategic transformation initiatives focused on Growth, Cost Optimization and Constituent Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of ART’s products, services and competencies, and how they can be leveraged to meet the client's needs
- Partner with ART portfolio director to Build the ART brand within the client organization by highlighting the full range of products and service available to meet the client's needs
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the client's business in order to identify new business opportunities (e.g., business goals, strategies, structures, processes)
- When appropriate, help connect customer to ART- (and OGA) specific competencies and capabilities
- Keep ART leadership apprised of customer needs arising out of individual consulting engagements
- Assist with resource and capital forecasting
- Acts as a subject matter resource for others or as a first-stop source to finding such SMEs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Agile/PMP/Six Sigma Certification
- 8+ years’ experience in Team management
- 5+ years’ experience in defining and refining problem statements, orchestrate solution design, and delivery
- 5+ years’ experience presenting assessment outcomes and recommendations to senior leadership
- 5+ years’ experience working with finance and operations teams
- 5+ years’ experience applying multiple transformation levers for a given problem – people, process, operating model, automation, analytics, advanced capabilities, and technology
- Demonstrated ability defining business case / cost benefit analysis
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Master’s degree
- Experience in end-to-end healthcare space
- Demonstrated global and Enterprise mindset
- Ability to function well in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage situations that are complex and ambiguous
- Results-based focused skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others
- Demonstrated intellectually agile and analytical approach and thought process
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Project Program Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote