Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
There has never been a more important or exciting time to be part of Optum Behavioral Health Solutions. With the increasing need for behavioral health support and services for both adult and child/adolescent populations, we are developing solutions to improve health literacy, engage members and families in the right levels of care for their needs, and empowering individuals to take the first steps toward improved mental wellbeing. Join us in this key group and you'll have an opportunity to put your stamp on the formation of member-centric products that help meet health care needs in incredibly inventive ways. We're evolving our entire behavioral health infrastructure to lead the industry in making the health system work better for everyone.
As part of our Behavioral Health Product team, you will serve as our channel liaison to both our Payer and Government channels. This role requires the ability to work closely with and understand the needs of our Payer and Government channel leaders, distill information into actionable workstreams for our Product Managers, and promote the work of our OBHS Product team. You will also contribute to the go-to-market work being done as part of the OBHS Product Go-to-Market Team, highlighting the needs of our Payer and Government channels and contributing new communications where needed.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Product liaison and champion with our Payer and Government channel teams; you will become a key partner to these teams and are responsible for developing and aligning roadmaps, creating content and communications, building the value stories and working closely with our Product Managers to translate unique channel needs
- Contributor to the OBHS Product Playbook, focusing on channel gaps, strategic content needs and accuracy for Payer and Government solutions
- Support Payer and Government solutions sales and the Growth team with training and client presentations and RFP language, including nuances to the value story and differentiators for these markets
- Gathering and analyzing market, RFP, customer and other information to help inform new product development for the Payer and Government channels
- Part of the weekly Product Innovation News weekly release, including story prioritization, writing, and key needs for these channels
- Create and contribute Payer and Government customer case studies and success stories, working closely with our solution sales and account management teams, as well as proposal and solutioning teams
- Work cross-functionally to engage stakeholders in the human-centered product design process while ensuring that the products align strategically and deliver value for your channels
- Ad hoc writing and presentations as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years healthcare / health plan or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing and/or delivering against product/marketing roadmaps, including refining and prioritizing strategic messaging to achieve growth goals
- Cross-functional project coordination experience utilizing matrix resources to design solutions that can span needs of multiple stakeholders while staying focused on human-centered design principles
- Experience and comfort interacting with stakeholders with differing priorities across team/organization, vendors and third parties while driving to desired outcomes
- Knowledge and comfort with external factors (regulatory, competitive) that might influence product solution designs and require solution-oriented workstreams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Capable of managing a variety of complex issues while driving forward momentum of key Product needs
- Travel up to 10%.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of experience in health care in the Payer or Government (Medicaid, Medicare) markets
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications, written, visual
- Behavioral Health background
- Proficient with incorporating research, insights and performance goals into strategic communications, including examples of this work
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.