Ref ID: 04130-0011711070
A Labor and Employment Attorney with a passion for the legal field will be interested in our client's opportunity to join their exciting, growing firm. You will succeed in this position if you can prioritize numerous tasks at once, and have the drive to succeed and further your career.
Located in the Spring, Texas area, a full-time Labor and Employment vacancy is looking to be filled. Apply today with Robert Half Legal—don't hesitate!
At least 3-5 years’ experience working with a national or multinational law firm and dealing with multi-jurisdictional complex labor and employment issues
• Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to internal clients.
• Sound judgment: the ability to clearly make reasoned recommendations; ability to cross-think and determine who should be kept informed.
• Business-focused, able to balance legal risk in the context of broader business decisions with internal clients
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency, honesty, and fairness.
• Deep knowledge of employment law, economic and wage collection, knowledge of and application of labor contract interpretation.
• Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and dispute resolution skills
• Wage and hour disputes
• Workplace discrimination
• Harassment and wrongful discharge
• Title VII, ADA, and FMLA compliance
• Non-disclosure and non-compete agreements
• Trade secrets
• Issues regarding leave
• Employment contracts, including severance agreements and arbitration/class action waiver agreements
• Employee handbooks and other written policies
• Wage and hour law
• Workplace privacy (including drug testing, medical examinations, and right to search)
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and J.D. from accredited law school.