MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Reputable Houston Based General Contractor with a Strong Backlog of Projects
- Established Company that has over 10+ Years in Houston & Commercial Construction Project Focus
- The client is a established Houston based general contractor with a pipeline of commercial projects. They are looking for a experienced ground up Project Manager that is looking for a long term opportunity
- Communicating directly with on-site staff including the Superintendent and Subcontractors to go over full details of project cost, staffing for individual projects as well as scheduling.
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Have a thorough understanding of interpreting plans and specs for building and construction
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
- The Ground Up Project Manager will have a Project Coordinator supporting with the project
- Minimum of 3 year's experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Project Manager on Ground Up Commercial projects
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Project Manager
- Competitive base salary depending on project history and skills
- Health Insurance
- Paid vacation