Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Division: DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
Section: MINOR PROJECTS- IN HOUSE DESIGN
Location: 900 Bagby*
Workdays & Hours: M- F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*
*Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The General Services Department (GSD) is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to assist the project management staff with successful delivery of space plans, design packages, furniture orders and development of floor plan drawings in CAD for numerous clients. The Assistant Project Manager will assist in facilitating project activities with multiple project teams including client department representatives and project managers.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Works closely with the In-house Design Lead, Minor Projects Division Manager, group leaders and team leaders to oversee day-to-day operations.
- Provide support to establish the schedule and scope of work for projects.
- Coordinates and conducts assigned on-site walkthroughs to develop scope of work and determine the accuracy of proposals submitted by consultants and contractors.
- Will drive to conduct onsite visits for inspection, project quality control and punch list items.
- Maintains good working relationships with client and contractor representatives.
- Assist with the management of design and construction projects for repair, rehabilitation or alteration, including emergencies, of fire and police stations, libraries, multi-service and community centers, recycling centers, office buildings, maintenance facilities, etc.
- Assists the project management staff with successful delivery of Task Order Contractor (TOC) and Job Order Contractor (JOC) projects for numerous clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires stooping, bending and/or lifting of items of up to 30 pounds with occasional periods of walking on rough surfaces.