At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Memorial Hermann's Advanced Heart Failure Community Clinics are expanding! This is a unique opportunity to gain leadership experience while working with a variety of physicians, employees, and patients in the Greater Houston area.
The ideal candidate will have bedside knowledge in cardiac medicine or surgery. Must be comfortable partnering with physicians and coaching employees. Experience in a supervisory or leadership position highly preferred.
Our clinics are located in Katy, Greater Heights, Memorial City, and Sugarland. Travel and schedule rotation between sites is required.
Position responsible for supporting the Nurse Manager in providing leadership to the department - overseeing the daily operations - managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
Responsible for 24/7 (as appropriate) support of the department/units. Typically reports to a Manager, Nursing or Director, Nursing.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Nursing. If Bachelor's is not in Nursing, a Master's degree in Nursing is required.
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing required
- Certification in Basic Life Support required
- Professional certification in clinical area or management required within one year of exam eligibility
- Three (3) or more years of experience in clinical area of practice.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Assists with the deployment of departmental goals that support the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Assist leadership with managerial responsibilities.
- Carries out the day to day operational components of the unit that are delegated by the manager/director, including input on hiring/firing/interviewing, etc.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs effective coordination of care between units, nurses and providers. Assists with the development of staff schedules.
- Performs effectively in emergency situations within the unit. Assists with patient care as needed.
- Serves as a resource to staff. Acts as a mentor/coach to staff, medical personnel, patients and family members.
- Assists in guiding staff in quality improvement efforts for all shifts.
- Assures all PI or quality standards are met on a daily basis. Participates in PI projects annually.
- Identifies and provides verbal disciplinary action. Provides counseling and remediation with staff as needed. May provide written disciplinary action in collaboration with leadership.
- Works with personnel to assure staff have access to and are appropriately utilizing supplies
- Provides input to Nurse Manager/Director on budget preparation.
- Promotes intra/interdepartmental communication.
- Strong orientation to service excellence.
- Ensure clinical care is aligned with evidence-based practice.
- Leadership rounds on patients.
- Responds to customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Identifies high risk social situations and addresses appropriately.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.