LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The APS Asset Manager maximizes the profitability and growth of the APS businesses by optimizing asset utilization and product profitability. This position is focused internally on manufacturing cost reduction, efficiency improvements, production planning management, and long range asset planning.
Roles & Responsibilities
Product profitability & optimization
- Recommends product deletions, specification changes, etc. by focusing on asset capabilities versus product profitability.Works with Manufacturing and S&OP to review product mix, product quality, and run rates to optimize production assets for maximum profitability.
- Leads the reduction of distressed (off-spec and aged) finished goods inventor
- Functions as the business liaison with Manufacturing for shared issues and initiatives
- Allocates capacity among products/applications to balance profitability with customer service requirements.
- Determines optimum asset utilization strategies by working closely with Sales, Commercial Management, and Manufacturing.
- Proposes and maintain medium-term and long-term asset loading plans for the relevant assets by balancing the business product needs, manufacturing capabilities, R&D developments and changes in supply patterns to reach an optimal economic solution
- Coordinates the efforts needed to timely and successfully implement grade slate simplification in the plants
- Leads recycle initiatives/opportunities
- Leads development of manufacturing long range operating plans by facilitating "Operating" team meetings.
- Monitors and recommends short term manufacturing issue resolution as it relates to business profitability and provides support to planners to optimally plan production and supply customers economically
Strategy and Growth
- Contributes to and implements business segment strategies in conjunction with Commercial Management
- Determines impact of new market/products on asset capacity, costs, quality, etc.
- Coordinates asset strategy implementation at grade level in support of business needs and asset capabilities
- Monitors and works in conjunction with Manufacturing plant personnel to ensure successful completion of all capital projects.
- Publishes required KPI's for respective area
Process Development & Technology
- Coordinates product and raw material trials between Business, R&D, Procurement and Manufacturing
- Leads the Asset and Product Development Teams
- Bachelor's degree required
- Good knowledge of Polyolefins and Polymer Compounding Industries
- Sound technical experience, such as manufacturing, R&D, or Technical Service preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with prioritization and decision making
- Demonstrated influencing, collaboration and facilitation. Good communicator.
- Knowledge of logistics
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability to lead a project team from problem analysis through execution
- Ability to understand and identify critical manufacturing issues impacting business profitability with extensive interactions with Commercial, Sales, R&D, and Manufacturing management
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience required, manufacturing and/or commercial experience is preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston