LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The purpose of the job is to manage the relevant portfolio of products and provide leadership in managing supply and demand plans for the US Engineered Composites Business. This position will report to the EC USCAN Managing Director. The Asset Manager will develop and drive initiatives to maximize value from each our assets, consistent with market strategies, for the applicable assets under responsibility.
The responsibility includes Supply and Demand Planning, providing support to the sales team to develop short and long range forecasts, understanding and addressing gap closure versus external benchmarks, and working in close collaboration with manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain Sales & Marketing, Product Managers and ADTS
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate plant performance versus external benchmarks and business needs.
- Develop, adapt and maintain appropriate asset strategy to close performance gaps, optimize the cost versus revenue balance and fit to business needs.
- Define corresponding initiatives and action plan to drive implementation, developed in close collaboration with product, marketing managers, manufacturing, planning and other functions as relevant and applicable.
- Drive rapid implementation of gap closure measures and improvement action plan, interacting with Marketing, Manufacturing, Procurement, ADTS & Planning as appropriate
- Drive internal optimization of product portfolio, finished goods and raw material inventories, and product wheel, while targeting and maintaining the lowest complexity, lowest fixed and variable production costs, optimization of customer mix/ freight costs and working capital optimization
- Lead the regular information exchange with Operations to monitor plant performance, address issues, co-ordinate improvement efforts and upcoming changes/ activities
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing Manager to develop and communicate to the business; short, medium and long-range sales forecasts.
- Track and report on forecast accuracy and work with business team to improve
- Lead the execution and ensure effectiveness of the Demand and Supply Planning Step in the S&OP Process for the EC USCAN Sites
- Collaborate closely with the Operations Managers for the EC USCAN sites to ensure the production scheduling and the raw material planning which is handled at the site is executed efficiently and according to set processes
- Facilitate and lead the S&OP Meetings
- Develop contingency scenarios when Supply and Demand is not in sync, with a focus to determine unused capacities and actively engaging with the commercial and product management teams to close the gap
- Maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, manufacturers and suppliers
- Actively engage in developing and tracking relevant KPI's such as Finish Good and Raw Material Inventories, OTD, Order Backlog to support and measure the performance of the supply chain planning process
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, Supply Chain Logistics or Business related.
- At least 10 years of related experience in a manufacturing/ supply chain environment,
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact cross-functionally, with higher-level management, and with external clients
- Extensive use of Excel and/or Access
- Strong project management and process development skills
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic work environment
- Action oriented, with good problem solving, analytical, and math skills
- Experience using forecasting/ inventory management software (i.e. Logility, Forecast Pro, SAP, JDA, etc.)
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of LyondellBasell products, market applications and production technologies would be desirable but not essential
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston