Title: Assembler (General Production Laborer)
Industry: Small Manufacturing Facility
Location: Central Southwest Houston Area, TX 77085
Employment: Full Time, Non-exempt, Hourly
Compensation: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
- Plus shift differential pay of $1.00 if working a 2nd shift.
- Plus 90-day performance rate increase: $0.50
- Plus 180-day performance rate increase: $0.50
1st Shift: Monday Thursday 6AM 3:30PM & Friday 6AM 10AM (overtime on Saturday if needed)
2nd Shift: 4-10 work schedule: Monday Thursday 2:30PM - 12:30AM (paid training provided for 2-4 weeks on days before moving to 2nd shift)
RAM Windows is looking for a General Production Laborer/Assembler for 1st and 2nd Shifts to help assemble, glaze, and frame windows and doors. The person will perform repetitive assembly operations to mass produce windows and doors while adhering to high-quality standards and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform window cutting, mulling, and twinning
- Perform shop frame assembly
- Glazing, cleaning windows
- Tends machines to perform force-fitting or fastening operations on the production floor assembly line
- Use equipment, hand-tools, measurement devices, machinery, and materials properly to assemble, pick, and pack products
- Package window and doors for shipment
- Forklifting, staging, and expediting
- Places parts in specified relationship to each other
- Removes defective products as needed
- Works at different workstations in various duties and tasks (cross-trained) as production needs require
- Works in environment where tasks change as varying models of product are produced
- Cleans equipment, floors, and work areas according to safety procedures
- Follow all safety practices and precautions necessary for working in a manufacturing environment
*Other duties/tasks may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- 1-3 years related experience or in a similar role in a manufacturing/warehouse production setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be safety conscious working with equipment and follow safety procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and ability to take direction
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use and read different measuring devices (tape measure, micometer, etc.)
- Previous success working in warehouse, manufacturing, production setting
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment; cooperate and work proactively with others is a must.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Good attendance and punctuality is a must and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift a 50 - 100 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed; willingness to work overtime as needed
- Attention-to-Detail; values precision and adhere to high-quality standards
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability
- Quality demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve efficiency
- Attendance and Punctuality Report to work according to work schedule
- Great Attitude seeks to help and increase responsibilities
- Team player works amicably with all employees
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Work in an enclosed, indoor manufacturing/machine shop environment; exposed to dust, heat, humidity, and cold weather conditions dependent on local weather conditions. Required to work in areas that are near moving mechanical parts.
- Physical stamina and dexterity including the ability to regularly stand and walk up to 8-10 hours a day, bend, stoop, kneel, or squat
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. frequently
- The noise level in the machine shop is considered moderate while operating machinery, equipment, and tools
- Frequently use of fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms
- Have hand-eye coordination and are able to work in a physically demanding environment where standing is the norm
- Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
Please note this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Weekly Pay (every Friday)
- Overtime available as needed
- Paid-Time Off, (2) Floating PTO days, and (8) paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan (up to 4% match)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For over 30 years, RAM Windows & Doors has supported architects, builders and remodelers, commercial building contractors, developers and homeowners with the industrys top windows and doors and every custom package we deliver is equally designed and manufactured to create beautiful aesthetics, exceptional performance and long-lasting durability.
RAM is a Texas-based, leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality windows and doors for both residential and light commercial construction. Our residential projects throughout Texas include custom, one-of-a-kind homes that typically range from $500,000 and up. Our light commercial projects can be found throughout the United States, and these types of buildings include hotels & hospitals, schools & dorms, government & civic projects, medical offices, worship centers, multi-family dwellings, restaurants, retail outlets and more.
RAM Industries, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended