At Cheniere, we provide the world with safe, reliable energy. But more than that, we provide opportunities for our talented employees to impact their communities every day. Our diversity is key to our continued success and forges a path where our culture supports greater equity and inclusion—for our employees, customers and beyond.
The Information Management Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of analytical and interpretative tasks within the Information Management department. This position includes numerous responsibilities pertaining to the information management (IM) lifecycle including maintaining taxonomies and data maps as well as facilitate the migration of content into approved systems. This is a dynamic position and offers an opportunity to perform in many different areas of information management.
- Current information management principles and best practices
- Experience building, using, and/or updating classification schedules, metadata matrices, record retention schedules, and other information management Instruments
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret records and information
- Knowledge of and experience with IM methodologies, tools, and processes
- Ability to interface well with users and perform task-oriented communications either verbally or in writing
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist in the development of training materials
- Maintain the enterprise-wide taxonomies and IM data maps
- Compile and analyze statistical data and prepare reports
- Manipulate spreadsheets to perform analysis including, but not limited to vLookup functions and pivot tables
- Support IM duties including standardization and Quality Control
- Work closely with department personnel regarding tasks related to implementing all phases of the IM lifecycle
- Perform business process analysis as it relates to information management and make analysis-based recommendations
- Partner with Information Technology to enhance and maintain Information Management systems.
- Additional IM activities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor's degree in information management, related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of three years of experience in information management or a related functional role using information management systems (e.g. SharePoint, Documentum, etc.). Prior experience implementing IM procedures incorporating standards with fit for purpose approach is preferred.
- Organized and has the flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid changes
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility and productive interpersonal relationships.
- Adds value by delivering work products of the highest quality; able to proactively overcome issues to ensure delivery.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work with individuals and groups from different disciplines.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and has the tact and discretion required of a trusted advisor and consultative business partner.
- Results driven and able to build consensus by understanding the concerns and needs of others and how to realistically manage expectations.
- Self-driven and committed to providing the highest level of service while remaining aligned with the goals of the organization.
- Ability to be a change agent capable of driving cultural change.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
FREEDOM TO ACT
- This role exercises discretion independently within approved guidelines and with minimum supervision.
- This role will require travel to local document storage facilities
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
- Periodically travel as business requires.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Cheniere.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.