Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Analyst, Capital Markets Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Finance Analyst who is principally responsible for supporting Sunnova’s capital markets strategy. This role will sit functionally within the Capital Markets team and report to Senior Directors and Managers within the Capital Markets team, who in turn report to the Vice President of Capital Markets. The role will provide secondary support to the Vice President of Corporate Development and the Vice President of Investor Relations. The Analyst will work with senior management, investment banks, investors, rating agencies, prospective investors, and lenders on a diverse and unique set of challenges that are core to supporting Sunnova’s growth. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and communication skill, have the ability to manage multiple workstreams, and have appetite and aptitude for complex financial engineering.
Analyst, Capital Markets Responsibilities
Execution oriented analyst to execute on and deliver the company's capital market transactions, lending facilities and strategic transactions working with senior management, rating agencies, lender and investor counterparties, and investment banking institutions.
- Analyze data sets and perform financial analysis of portfolios of residential solar systems
- Collaborate with colleagues across the company to meet operational and reporting requirements of transactions
- Deliver ad hoc analysis to support company planning efforts and senior level decision-making in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate with investors, lenders, rating agencies, and banks to manage transaction due diligence processes.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Capital Markets Director
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or business administration required,
- 1 year of relevant experience in banking or finance-oriented role (banking preferred).
- Working knowledge of accounting and impact of transactions on financial statements.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic, with strong attention to detail and ability to research, identify and solve problems independently or with minimal assistance.
- Strong Excel knowledge and skill base
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to interact well with executive management and other senior resources.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and integrated business environment; time management and priority management skills essential.
- Work effectively as a team player who is flexible in developing and adapting new processes.
- Skilled in identifying problem causes and effectively interpreting results of root cause analysis.
- Proficient in using business integrated systems, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Open office environment
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
- Houston, TX
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process