MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Michael Page has partnered with a national real estate investment firm that is seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Analyst/ Associate to join their team in Houston. This individual will have the opportunity to be involved in complex real estate transactions and be responsible for the portfolio management of a large real estate fund.
Global real estate private equity firm that is in the middle of deploying a new fund.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management the Portfolio Analyst / Associate will bean organized, detail‐focused candidate with sound knowledge of accounting and financial concepts. The Analyst/Associate will Work with asset management to perform asset and portfolio level financial risk / opportunity analysis including projections. The position will interact with many business functions as well as senior and executive management.
- Assist with the preparation of annual property‐level budgets and monthly cash flow reforecasts for assigned portfolio
- Conduct regular variance analyses to ensure property performance is consistent with business plan and budget
- Develop and maintain financial models to forecast leasing activity and other portfolio‐level metrics
- Review and abstract various legal documents including leases and operating agreements
- Prepare ad hoc strategic financial analyses in support of asset and senior management
- Interact with several departments including Leasing, Property Management and Legal on various asset and portfolio management projects
- Maintain monthly reporting packages deliverable to Asset Managers
- Work with senior leadership to develop yearly strategy plan
The ideal Portfolio Analyst/Associate will posses the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, real estate or related field
- 1-4 years experience in a finance or data focused role
- Investment Banking background a plus but not required
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Python, VBA, and SQL, Power BI is a plus but not required
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Highly motivated self-starter who works well in flexible environment
Generally speaking candidates with 0-2 years experience will join as an Analyst, candidates with 2-4 years experience will join as Associates. Exact compensation will depend on level of experience.
Strong basic salary plus bonus potential; exceptional benefits.