ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Arranges warehousing and transportation. May negotiate rates with freight forwarding companies and tracks deliveries/shipments to ensure timely arrival of goods in compliance with import/export regulations. Prepares shipping documents for customs clearance.
· Tracks and maintains inventory levels, purchasing, shipping, or other records by compiling data from contracts, purchase orders, invoices, and accounting records. Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
· Manages material receipts from mills, reconcile inventory held at processor/warehouse, track purchasing, shipping, or other records by compiling data from contracts, purchase orders, invoices and accounting reports.
· Prepares and issues documentation in accordance with Letters of Credit requirements or contract terms.
· Coordinates settlement complaints with insurance department, processor, and mill technical services staff.
· Contacts customers/suppliers frequently to answer questions, resolves general problems, and provide/receive general information.
· Maintains vendor/customer accounts ensuring timely payment and receipt of invoices via SAP/excel. Effects payment to vendors (inland freight, storage, FedEx deliveries etc.).
· Prepares/generates accounting and other related reports via SAP/excel. Processes commission payments to other branches.
· May input purchases/sales, individual and department expenses into SAP. Maintains accounts receivable/payable via SAP/Excel.
· Compiles and processes financial information to prepare accounting entries and document business transactions. Prepares and reviews month end journal entries and accruals and provides general support for the month end closing process.
· Reviews general ledger and aging reports for outstanding items. Prepares account reconciliation. Assists in account reviews and reports on accounts receivables. Inventory and other major accounts for valuation and compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
· Performs various administrative functions such as typing correspondence, filing, answering phones, travel arrangements, mail distribution, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Customer service experience required, including the ability to recognize and satisfy customer requirements and expectations in daily business. Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to using integrated accounting and material management software. Experience working with SAP preferred. The ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, organizational skills, and computer skills (Microsoft Office applications, SAP, etc.)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years relevant experience
· Some light lifting occasionally required
· Required to sit for long periods of time
· Usual office working conditions