Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Posting Number: PN# 27220
Service Line: Houston Water
Section: Drinking Water Operations/SAD Office
Reporting Location:611 Walker, 21st fl
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.*
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Houston Water, Drinking Water Operations (DWO) Branch is seeking an Administrative Specialist to join its Senior Assistant Director’s Team. Successful candidate will perform analytical and administrative functions associated with organizing the activities of the assigned section. Must work well in a fast-paced team environment and demonstrate excellent leadership and initiative.
- Interprets and implements rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Drafts and implements standard operating procedure (SOP) revisions.
- Conducts analysis and develops flow charts for process improvements.
- Reviews and develops filing protocol for incoming documentation, reports, and personnel actions. Prepares summary reports.
- Complete and maintain files and reports to monitor, issue, receive and salvage communication devices.
- Composes internal and external correspondence.
- Generate reports, maintain inventory and create surveys.
- Obtains proper signatures to expedite documents, personnel actions, reimbursements, travel authorization, etc.
- Organizes, schedules, and prepares documentation for meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinates staff services, such as procurement, interviews, budget monitoring, customer service, and office management.
- Scans and uploads documents.
- Develops new employee packets (CMS) and keeps employee files current.
- Assists in inquiries and resolving issues.
- Serve as the Branch Records Management Coordinator
- Coordinate/Assist with Texas Public Information Act (TPIA) requests
Participates in special projects as assigned.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
This is a Houston Public Works position at the Tier II Level.