Applications Accepted From: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Administrative Services Division
Section: Contracts & Procurement
Reporting Location: 8000 North Stadium Drive
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm* Some evening & weekends*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Houston Health Department is actively searching for skilled individuals who are self-motivated and willing to provide essential services as a Administrative Coordinator to perform various professional administrative functions in the Contracts and Procurement Section within the Houston Health Department Responsibilities and duties will include the following:
1. Prepares, edits and revises department/division correspondence; prepares, edits and revises procedures manuals.
2. Plans, initiates and implements programs and services to meet the immediate and long-range needs of one or more city departments.
3. Assists the department/division in the effective discharge of responsibilities by furnishing analyses, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities and programs reviewed.
4. Researches, analyzes and reviews new vendors, equipment, services and regulations.
5. Participates in special projects as assigned by the department/division head.
6. May coordinate the planning, research, presentation, promotion and evaluation of special programs such as grants.
7. May supervise, guide, train or evaluate staff.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.