Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for an Administrative Assistant who will report to the Office Manager and support the facilities team. This position will provide back-up for the Office Manager and for the Executive Assistant for the executive team when needed. As a back-up, the Administrative Assistant will handle a range of complex and confidential duties requiring prioritization and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple critical requests at the same time. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for making travel arrangements, calendaring, expense reporting and other necessary tasks as required. The ideal candidate will initiate personal professional growth and development by meeting task processing goals, skills competency, and support for department base goals which all contribute to the success of the organization.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Responsibilities
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in working with Executives and with department and facilities matters.
- Manages the travel arrangements, calendaring, expense reporting, and other assistance where needed for Executives.
- Remains available for responding to situations when Executives are out of office on business travel, including travel changes, calendar updates, handling of in-office issues, etc.
- Develops expertise and provides guidance to the the executive team and others on travel tools, such as Concur, ISOS Travel Tracker, and other traveler apps.
- Interacts/supports all departments and functions as needed in a direct and professional manner.
- Assists Office Manager on facilities matters, back up support when Office Manager is out of office.
- Handles direct and professional communication with supply vendors as needed e.g., UPS, Iron Mountain, Aramark etc.
- Orders all office and kitchen supplies weekly; keeps office and kitchen supplies well-stocked.
- Assists with clearing out refrigerators in all kitchens bi-weekly.
- Handles catering requests for various departments and executive leadership teams when needed; this requires attention from start to finish, making sure all is set up and put away when meetings are done.
- Assists with company functions as requested by Office Manager, exercising independent judgement and discretion when accomplishing the details.
- Picks up lunches for executives/managers when needed.
- Offsite company errands as requested.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Office Manager
- Education required: High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ administrative experience.
- Good clerical skills, together with computing and data entry skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; willing to use personal car for local, offsite errands
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and accurately with great attention to detail with a high level of professionalism.
- Works with a sense of urgency and can multi-task
- Exceptional ability to solve problems, exercising independent judgment, and coordinate with global team members.
- Ability to work in a rapid pace, very dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to provide innovative leadership in issues related to strategic sourcing, operating discipline, and quality assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Able to lift approximately 20 lbs
- Some days may require significant walking/standing
- Some days may require extended periods of time at computer workstation
- Local/in-area day travel only; will be reimbursed for mileage
- Houston, TX
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process