Ref ID: 04170-0011698865
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $20.00 to $24.00 hourly
Our client, a nonprofit organization in Downtown Houston, is seeking an Accounting Coordinator with nonprofit accounting experience to join their team on a contract to full time basis. Must have recent accounting experience in the nonprofit, government or municipality industries. You will be responsible for billing government grants including grants with third party sub-recipients. This position will be on a remote basis for the foreseeable future, with a few days per week of in office training during the first few weeks. If you have grant accounting, sub-recipient billing or nonprofit accounting experience, please apply today!
• Creates and maintains a master file of all government grants including reporting dates, documentation requirements and budget allocations.
• Responsible for the preparation of reports to comply with grant requirements. Works jointly with program and compliance staff to coordinate program and financial reporting.
• Responsible for agency interface with sub-recipient agency personnel.
• Processes monthly billing requests including the maintenance of internal accounting software reports, reviewing sub-recipient invoices and details for inclusion, preparing all backup documentation for submission and filing, updating master spreadsheet summary, matching tracking and documentation by contract and organization-wide, delivering billings to grantor prior to deadlines for reimbursement.
• Maintains current and historical files for all grants/contracts.
• Performs monthly analysis of budget vs actual.
• Assists in grant reporting and analysis.
• Assists in monthly, quarterly and/or annually grant reporting.
• Provides support during annual audit with special emphasis on providing documentation needed for the single audit