Reporting to the Manager, Crude & Transportation Accounting, this position, as assigned by the Manager, ensures the completion of timely and accurate accounting close and reporting activities for CVR Energy’s lease crude purchasing operations and/or transportation activities across all crude oil, refined fuels, blendstocks and feedstocks. Additionally, this individual provides support to the Crude & Feedstocks and Refined Products & Renewables accounting groups, including, but not limited to, analysis and reconciliation of related activities under his/her area of responsibility and other operational activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration a plus.
• CPA is not required, but preference will be given to individuals with a CPA or are in the process of obtaining his/her license.
• 2-4 years of similar accounting experience required
• Experience within the energy industry, specifically downstream and/or midstream, a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles required
• Intermediate or higher level Excel spreadsheet skills
• Experience with Oracle, RightAngle, SAP or similar software preferred
• Fluent in English, oral and written communication necessary
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to change tasks and priorities to meet the demands of the organization
• Impeccable integrity, professionalism, and ethical standards
• As assigned by the Manager, prepare and/or assist in daily, weekly, and monthly accounting close and reporting activities associated with lease crude purchasing and/or internal or external refining and marketing transportation activities, including, but not limited to, monthly journal entries, accruals, reporting, lease crude settlements and statement reconciliation.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare analysis of variances.
• Prepare periodic billing for 3rd party transportation services performed by CVR Energy.
• Ensure timely completion of month-end and quarter-end accounting close and reporting.
• Communicate with personnel, customers, and vendors as needed on billing, payment or miscellaneous issues.
• Maintain desktop procedures.
• Ensure compliance with contracts, company policies and SOX controls.
• Respond to audit requests and questions and provide requested support timely.
• Communicate with manager to clarify tasks, obtain answers and update progress of assignments or projects.
• Cross train within other areas of petroleum accounting and provide support as needed.
• Additional accounting duties or projects as required.
• Accurate and timely processing and completion of assignments
• Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory requirements
• Effective and timely communication to manager of any issue that may occur requiring special resolution
• Courteous and effective customer service with colleagues, employees and clients
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified, minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled