Are you passionate about being responsible for building your own business? Do you want to start your career helping businesses thrive with industry-leading marketing solutions? Does advertising and marketing intrigue you and you want to learn from some of the best in the industry? Apply for our 2022 Account Executive in Residence position and jump-start your career in the media industry!
TEGNA is a large, public media company with a portfolio that includes 64 TV stations, two podcast divisions, and multiple digital and streaming initiatives. We're committed to developing the next generation of media industry leaders while serving the greater good of our communities. Our AE in Residence position gives newly graduated students an opportunity to start their career in advertising sales with TEGNA.
You will gain valuable real-world experience alongside some of the best advertising sales professionals in the country and have the chance to build a network that will be invaluable throughout your career. We have multiple openings at TEGNA stations around the country. Come join us in the adventure!
TEGNA is hiring students in June 2022 that are planning to graduate in the spring of 2022 or have recently graduated college. This will be a 6-12 month position with the opportunity to become a permanent Account Executive at the successful completion of the residence.
What will you do?
- Learn about TEGNA's advertising offerings and marketing solutions and how they can transform a business
- Understand the key components of what makes a successful advertising sales professional
- Assist with lead generation and building a book of business
- Network and communicate with local businesses and qualified clients
- Partner with local clients and assess their advertising needs
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing, and news team to build creative and strategic campaigns and sponsorship packages
- Construct and effectively present client campaigns
- Be a key contributor at local and corporate sales/training meetings
- Help enter orders and learn sales technology and systems used
- Learn to be a consultative solutions-based advertising sales professional
What do you need?
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university graduating in 2022, OR graduated in the last 1-3 years
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Preferred majors/minors related to advertising, business, marketing, media, sales or communication
- Passion for sales, business development, marketing, advertising, and people
- Avid learner and embracing digital advertising
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in a team setting
- Confident and comfortable with presenting in front of clients and executives
- Interested in careers in advertising sales in client facing or account management
- Strong writing and social media skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.