Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 55 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an experienced Scientist to support our Professional Scientific Services group in Houston, Texas to support Viral Vector product release and stability testing working 3rd shift.
QC Viral Vector Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs Viral Vector product release and stability testing in support of the site contract manufacturing business according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods in compliance with cGMP/GLP utilizing proper aseptic techniques (where applicable)
- Participate in QC testing of clinical and commercial grade product according to cGMPs. Perform cell-mediated bioassays, including infectious and physical titer, Western blot, ELISA, qPCR, HPLC, UV-Vis
- Execute qualification or validation of test methods
- Prepare samples and maintain appropriate records for submission of samples to contract testing laboratories
- Ships samples to contract labs
- Communicates with subcontract labs to obtain information regarding capabilities, test timelines, and costs for testing unable to be performed in-house
- Prepares sample shipments and submission paperwork for contract laboratory testing
- May initiate and assist with OOS/deviation investigations
- May write and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Performs general lab support activities such as housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory/ordering of supplies
- Maintains compliance with all required training
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Prior experience with cell based assay testing such as physical and infectious titer, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, HPLC, UV-Vis, microbiological testing
- Understanding of pharmaceutical cGMP and Quality Assurance requirements; experience with aseptic technique a plus
- Proficient computer skills including standard office software and analytical data systems
- BS/MS in Biochemistry/Biology/Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience working in a GMP analytical lab
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, 3rd Shift working Saturday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Houston, TX are encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical coverage, with dental and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.