Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 55 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an experienced Scientist to lead our Professional Scientific Services group in Houston, Texas to support molecular biology testing working 3rd shift.
QC PCR Scientist Group Lead responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
Supervisory Component (20%):
- Lead and manage up to nine team members
- Create and drive a positive, inclusive, success-oriented, high performing team
- Track and monitor team performance using internal and external metrics
- Implement employee development opportunities including career growth, technical growth, leadership growth, and facilitate peer-to-peer cross training
- Identify and resolve service and personnel problems in a timely manner
- Escalate service and personnel problems, as needed
- Timecard approvals, PTO approvals, and other related administrative tasks
- Collaborate with and report to area leadership
Technical Component (80%):
- Performs Viral Vector product release and stability testing in support of the site contract manufacturing business according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods in compliance with cGMP/GLP utilizing proper aseptic techniques (where applicable)
- Test Methods employed include, but are not limited to: HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA, cell mediated bioassays (including infectious and physical titer), and conventional/real-time/digital droplet PCR
- Several test methods require the performance of aseptic cell culture prior to sample analysis by the aforementioned techniques
- Individuals will be required to accurately report test results and maintain raw data and laboratory records in compliance with applicable quality and compliance standards
- May initiate and assist with OOS/deviation investigations
- Maintains compliance with all required training
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Prior experience with qPCR and/or digital PCR assay is essential
- Understanding of pharmaceutical cGMP and Quality Assurance requirements; experience with aseptic technique a plus
- Proficient computer skills including standard office software and analytical data systems
- BS/MS in Biochemistry/Biology/Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience working in a GMP analytical lab
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, 3rd Shift working Saturday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Houston, TX are encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical coverage, with dental and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.