About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries, we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency.
2022 Intern Program - Opportunities for students
During your internship you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
About the Department: Energy and Natural Resources (ENR) - Upstream Content
Energy Solutions from IHS Markit comprise some of the most extensive and complete information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy transition, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels. Our renowned energy experts empower leaders worldwide to make their best decisions. Strong partnerships outlast trends.
Reinvention and innovation are key parts of a business surviving the uncertainty of any market - especially in an energy transition environment. But it takes more than that to thrive. Building partnerships and trusted relationships in the energy sector can mean the difference between enduring and flourishing.
Beat the trends; your energy connected future is now.
Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2022. We're looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies to be available for a full time role commencing in 2023.
About the role
You will be an Intern in the Energy & Natural Resources division at IHS Markit, working with North American Upstream content. The Product Management Specialist captures and communicates requirements, identifies dependencies, manages priorities, and builds and actions a backlog to deliver maximum customer value and meet defined success criteria. This position plays a critical role in supporting the revenue growth of Upstream content products.
For our more technical Product Management Specialist positions, you will help drive action via analytical dashboards utilizing live data both internally and for our customers. This position requires working knowledge of APIs, Cloud databases (Snowflake) and third-party analytical tools along with understanding of the Upstream Energy industry specific to the domain supported by the product. Ideally, you will have experience in the development, management and/or support of Cloud based technologies, APIs, ETL/ELT, SQL, GIS tools and are comfortable with working with tools such as Microsoft Power BI or Tibco Spotfire.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plans, prioritizes, and maintains a healthy backlog of user stories aligned with product roadmaps.
- Product testing and workflow acceptance on implemented user stories
- Uses the product regularly to discover bugs and help define workflow improvements
- Gathers and tracks user feedback/issues/pain points
- Proactively works with Product Management, Development, QA, Customer Care, Content and Operations to identify internal product use cases
- Assists in ensuring the overall data quality and completeness of North American Content, identifying improvements for product development to support customer workflows
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are adding value for our customers.
- Creating insights from data by building dashboards in standard business intelligence tools party tools
- Assisting with client onboarding by creating videos for common workflows
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the business industry and associated technologies.
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
- A bachelor or master's degree (or equivalent) completed no later than May 2023
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For Product Management Specialist applicants, we recommend the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Project Management and prioritization.
- Documentation, research, writing, presentation skills, ability to prioritize critical tasks.
- Confident working with diverse teams and audiences across multiple time zones, with office-based and remote colleagues.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work effectively as part of a product team and foster team collaboration
- Experience or exposure to the Energy Industry, specifically Oil & Gas would be beneficial.
- Experience and familiarity of IHS Markit products would be a bonus
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI) or data visualization packages is useful
- Any experience with APIs, Python, .NET or Spatial technology would be a bonus.
- Experience with databases and SQL/T-SQL.
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Online pymetrics assessment
Stage 3: Initial screening process
Stage 4: Final assessment
By completing this application, you will be considered for multiple roles on our product management team.
Some of these positions require a more technical skill set. We will align you to the correct role based on your application. This may require you to interview with one or more hiring teams.
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.