Teachers in Promise Community Charter Schools support the whole-child by focusing on the development of our students through high quality innovative instruction as well as linking our students and families to our community based programs to ensure students receive a high-quality education, both in and out of our classroom walls. Teachers actively connect students and families to our comprehensive network of support, to equip them with the resources, connections and education necessary for endless access and opportunity.
- Applies the Understanding by Design framework in order to design standards-based curriculum that is developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant, and intended to maximize student engagement and achievement.
- Differentiates lesson plans for students based on their unique learning profiles so that students of all ability levels are engaged and challenged.
- Designs formative and summative assessments that are aligned with long-term objectives of the course.
- Uses assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to target areas for improvement.
- Designs classroom procedures that provide and maximize learning time.
- Continuously reflects on teaching practices, management systems and assessment tools to increase student achievement
- Submits up-to-date unit plans, lesson plans, and grades.
- Adjusts course as necessary to maximize effectiveness in the classroom after a cycle of data collection, reflection, and learning.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of curriculum and presents academic content that reaches all learners and is developmentally appropriate.
- Facilitates, manages, and coordinates student practice through meaningful learning experiences.
- Checks for academic understanding frequently and provides feedback in order to ensure student learning.
- Communicates high expectations for character and behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and expectations.
- Implements time-saving practices and procedures to maximize learning time
- Evaluates and tracks student performance on assessments and makes adjust teaching accordingly
- Maintains a positive classroom culture of high expectations for all students.
Learning and Collaboration
- Collaborates with content and grade-level to ensure alignment and consistency of student academic habits, traits, and mindsets.
- Contributes significantly to the curriculum and instructional program of the school.
- Works relentlessly to meet individual professional development goals to increase student achievement.
- Seeks and embraces feedback and constructive criticism in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Actively participates in professional development activities and trainings designed to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring the schedules and working styles of other colleagues.
Academic and Cultural Support
- Contacts parents or guardians to praise excellent choices or as soon as a problem arises.
- Maintains a growth mindset for students and adults and the belief that all children will learn and upholds all teacher commitments and school values.
- Participates in and/or attends all professional duties including meetings, conferences, ceremonies, and events.
- Is widely knowledgeable of the campus requirements, academic policies, and community support services available to students and families.
- Creates a welcoming environment to instill values of respect and kindness so that students feel comfortable and supported enough to take risks.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, colleagues, and families based on trust and respect.
Checks and responds to email at least twice a day and responds to phone voicemail within 24 hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or related field preferred.
- Bachelor degree in another discipline is acceptable with agreement to complete additional coursework in early childhood education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- NCLB, Highly qualified valid Texas Teaching Certificate as required by teaching assignment or acceptance to approved Alternative Certification Program and results of TEXes exam.
- Pre-K -8 assignments
- ESL or Bilingual certification required (some exceptions apply)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)