At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Collaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings. (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
Sign On Bonus $10K
Sign-On Bonus $10K
**Memorial Hermann Memorial City is a Magnet facility with 444 beds, and is tied at No. 6 in the Top 10 statewide hospital rankings!**
Memorial City Medical Center is a Magnet campus with more than 1,400 affiliated medical staff physicians representing over 100 medical specialties, 1,700 employees and 444 licensed hospital beds.
Hiring for the following Critical Care Units:
**Days & Night shifts available**
Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
This very busy IMU has 24 beds with a 1:3-4 nurse to patient ratio.
1-2 years of IMU, ICU or ER RN experience preferred or 4+ years of RN experience working in an in-patient, acute care Medical Surgical setting.
Medicine ICU (MICU)
Memorial City Medical ICU received the AACN Beacon Award of Excellence - Gold Award.
For patients and families, the Beacon Award signifies exceptional care through improved outcomes and greater overall satisfaction. For nurses, a Beacon Award signals a positive and supportive work environment with greater collaboration between colleagues and leaders, higher morale and lower turnover.
Patient population: medical, multi-organ failure, sepsis
Advanced treatments/procedures: Arctic Sun hypothermia treatments, cardioversion, scopes, CRRT, bedside tracheostomy
*Internists available 24/7
Cardiovascular/Surgical ICU (CV/SICU)
The CV/SICU at Memorial City is a mixed population, high acuity environment that cares for post-surgical patients. A two-time Gold Beacon Of Excellence award recipient from the AACN; this team excels at providing compassionate, collaborative, and efficient healthcare to patients immediately after procedures such as:
- Valve repairs/replacements
- Vascular recovery
- Thoracic procedures
- This team also manages many post-operative complications which may include the need for advanced cardiovascular device management. (CRRT, ECMO, IABP, Impella, VAD). Previous experience with these devices is preferred, with opportunity to hone your skills in placements.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I < 1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.